The 05 km run is the shortest race and has attracted the widest participation among runners across different age groups and genders. This race is particularly for fun and is open to everyone ranging from students to elders, armed forces and families stationed at Leh, and tourists who happen to be in Leh during the marathon time.
|DISTANCE: 05 KM||RACE START TIME: 06:45 am|
|DATE: Sunday 12 September 2021||AGE LIMIT: Participant should be 12 years or older as on race day|
|REPORTING TIME: Latest 05:00 am||CUT-OFF TIME: NIL|
|REPORTING PLACE: NDS Memorial Stadium||CERTIFICATION: All participants will get a medal|
REGISTRATION TYPE & FEE
(Inclusive of 18% GST)
- Type I – Foreign nationals – US$ 30
- Type II – Indian nationals who live outside Ladakh – Rs 1500
- Type III – Ladakh residents & serving Indian Defence Personnel – Rs 900
- Type IV – Veterans (50 years and above) – Rs 1200 or US$ 25
GETTING TO THE START POINT
Runners are encouraged to walk to the start point as there will be road closures
Facilities will be available for this at the starting point, and items can be collected back at the finish area.
Beginning with the 8th edition of Ladakh Marathon in 2019 , we have made a conscious decision to make this event free of single use plastic. We are thankful to all participants and request for continued support in our effort to reduce the use of plastic and help us in protecting our fragile environment.
02 Hydration & Aid stations providing with:
- Water – refill facility – participants are requested to bring out their own hydration packs and bottles
- Energy drinks served in biodegradable cups
- Snacks are free of plastic wraps and include fresh fruits, dates, boiled potatoes, jaggery etc
Toilet facilities along the course are environment friendly dry pits.
05 KM RUN LADAKH FOR FUN
Starting from the N.D.S. Memorial Stadium the 05 km route follows the Marathon course along the Leh-Manali highway till a little before the ITBP camp from where it makes a U-turn and retraces steps to the start point.