The 21.0975km Half Marathon takes you through the outskirts of Leh and includes a loop that starts and ends at the NDS Memorial Stadium grounds. If you are not ready for the full marathon yet then running the half marathon first helps you prepare for the marathon. The beautiful race course is known for being particularly tough, despite being comparably shorter than the full marathon.
|DISTANCE : 21.0975km||RACE START TIME: 06:30hrs|
|DATE: Sunday 10 September 2023||AGE LIMIT: Participant should be 16 years or older as on race day|
|REPORTING TIME: 05.00hrs||ELIGIBILITY: Runer who fulfils any one option is eligible to register:
1. Finisher of 2022 Ladakh Marathon - 10.5km Run
2. Participant must have completed EITHER one half marathon under 3 hrs OR two 10 km run under 1 hour 25 minutes, in past three years prior to the race day.
Stadium runs with finisher certificate from year 2020 onwards will also be accepted.
|REPORTING PLACE: NDS Memorial Stadium||CUT OFF TIME: 3 hrs 45mins|
|CERTIFICATION: Finishers will be given a certificate with official time along with a medal|
REGISTRATION TYPE & FEE
(Inclusive of 18% GST)
- Type I – Foreign nationals – US$ 65
- Type II – Indian nationals who live outside Ladakh – Rs 3000
- Type III – Ladakh residents & serving Indian Defence Personnel – Rs 2000
- Type IV – Veterans (50 years and above) – Rs 2200 or US$ 45
GETTING TO THE START POINT
Participants are encouraged to walk to the start point as there will be road closures.
Facilities will be available for this at the starting point, and items can be collected back at the finish area.
Beginning with the 8th edition of Ladakh Marathon in 2019, we have made a conscious decision to make this event free of single use plastic. We are thankful to all participants and request for continued support in our effort to reduce the use of plastic and help us in protecting our fragile environment.
08 Hydration & Aid stations providing with:
- Water – refill facility – participants are requested to bring out their own hydration packs and bottles
- Energy drinks served in biodegradable cups
- Snacks are free of plastic wraps and include fresh fruits, dates, boiled potatoes, jaggery etc
Toilet facilities along the course are environment friendly dry pits.
Starting from the NDS Memorial Stadium, the 21km race follows the 42km route for about 1.5km. You then turn left at the Saboo gate and climb gently for 1.5km towards Saboo village. Leaving the Saboo road you turn right towards Mahabodhi Centre going downhill all the way till you reach the Leh-Manali highway. From here you follow the highway past H.H. the Dalai Lama’s residence for 2km and then take a loop to follow the Manali-Leh highway to the village of Choglamsar. Continue for another 6km to the finishing line close to the NDS Stadium.