Early to mid September, around the Marathon period, early morning and night temperature varies between 6-12 degrees Celsius, and can go up to as high as 20 degrees Celsius during daytime. For race day we recommend all Runners to come dressed in track pants and light jacket until the race starts as it does get chilly in the mornings.
Below is just a clothing guideline and check-list. It is important to travel as light as possible and take only essentials.
- Dri-Fit Track pants / Running shorts /Tights
- Fleece jacket
- Short sleeved / Long sleeved Dri-Fit T-shirts
- Sun hat/cap
- Sunglasses (with chums are a must for the Khardung La Challenge)
- Sun cream/block and lip salve of factor 25 or higher
For Runners of Khardung La challenge
- Thermal layers (these will not be required while running)
- Light Gloves
- Light Waterproof / Windproof jacket
- Hydration Pack (this is strongly recommended)
- All Khardung La challenge participants need to bring their own sleeping bags of minimum -5 C grade. Sleeping bags can also be hired at nominal charges in Leh.
Personal first aid & medical kit to include
- Throat lozenges
- Small hand towel
- Antiseptic cream
Besides, please check with your physician and carry antihistamines and antibiotics for common ailments.