- Age limits – These must be adhered to strictly and the organiser has the right to verify the age of runners before, during and after the race.
2. Acceptance of Entries
a) Please do not apply more than one entry per person. Multiple applications will be rejected. However runners of the Khardung La Challenge can also register for any of the other 3 races of Ladakh Marathon that are held on Sunday 13 September 2020.
b) Before sending in your application, please ensure that all information as requested in the form has been provided with else your application will not be accepted.
c) Runners of Half Marathon, Marathon and Khardung La Challenge are to provide details of previous marathons along with finisher certificates as per the Eligibility Criteria at the time of registration.
d) All applicants must agree and sign the Risk & Indemnity Agreement. And if an applicant is below the age of 18 years, the guardian has also signed the ‘waiver’ and written his/her relation with the applicant.
e) Application fee – Please read this section before you register.
3. Entries not accepted: Participation in the event is subject to entry confirmation. Entries will not be accepted if:
a) Marathon certificates submitted as proof of eligibility criteria are found to be incorrect
b) Submission of incorrect documentation or information of your entry
In such cases the entry/registration shall be deemed cancelled. The registration fee paid by you will be refunded after deducting a processing fee of Rs 1000/-
4. THE REGISTRATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE – for all 4 races of Ladakh Marathon. Registration cannot be deferred or transferred. No refund will be issued except for the sole exception of serving Indian Defence Personnel.
5. Change of race category is permitted up to July 15, 2020 and participants will be charged Rs 500 (Indian Nationals) and US$10 for Foreign Nationals towards processing charges. Timely written intimation is required for any change of race category.
6. Entry or BIB is non-transferable.
7. BIB number and collection of bibs:
- Your official race BIB number is important. Therefore please ensure that it is displayed during the entire race.
- Do not alter the Bib number in any manner
- Bib numbers are not transferable
- No one else may wear your bib number
- The bib number must be pinned properly to the front of your t-shirt and clearly visible
- Folding or covering any part of your bib number may result in disqualification
- Do not forcefully bend, crease or fold your bib
- Make sure to fill out necessary information on the back side of your Bib
8. Timing Chips:
- Ladakh Marathon will use a timing chip for the timed races (Half Marathon and Marathon)
- Timing chips must be attached to your BIB to score the race as per instructions provided
- This timing chip must be worn on the race day, attached properly to the BIB
- The chip must be attached from Start to Finish in order to be recognised as completing the race and receiving an official finish time
- The timing chip identifies your bib number and should not be worn by any other entrant
9. Collection of Bibs – All confirmed runners are required to come to the Ladakh Marathon Hub to collect their running number bibs (and timing chips). No running number bib or timing chip will be posted to the individual mailing address. It is mandatory for the runners of 21 km half marathon, 42 km marathon and 72 km Khardung La Challenge to collect their running number bibs in person.
10. Race day images of all the races of the participants will be screened visually after the race. Where any of the participants is found not wearing the running bib allotted to him/her, the participant registered for that bib will be disqualified from the race and the subsequent edition of this event. The organiser reserves the rights to use race day images and videos of runners for the promotion of the event across all social media platforms.
11. Event cancellation – Should the event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of the Organizer or force majeure, a refund of 50% of the registration fee will be made before 30 November 2020, and the organiser shall have no further responsibility and/or liability thereafter.
12. Instructions by the organisers and race officials must be followed with respect to all matters not provided herein. The organiser reserves the right to reject applications of participants who refuse to follow instructions of the race officials.
13. Official Time and Net Time (with Start and Finish times) will be provided for participants who have completed the races within the specified time limits.
14. Participants must ensure that they are medically and physically fit to participate in the race. Any person who is suffering from any chronic disease such as heart disease or high blood pressure should not participate in the event. The organiser reserves the right to disallow / disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the event.
15. The application form and the right to participate in the event and the rights and benefits available to the applicant under this application form is at the sole discretion of the event organisers and promoters, RIMO EXPEDITIONS, and cannot be transferred to any other person under any circumstances. The actual applicant alone shall be entitled to the rights and benefits arising out of such confirmation of participation.