- Age limits – These must be adhered to strictly and the organiser has the right to verify the age of participants before, during and after the race.
2. Acceptance of Entries
a) Please do not apply more than one entry per person. Multiple applications will be rejected. However participants of the Khardung La Challenge and Silk Route Ultra can also register for any of the other four races of Ladakh Marathon that are held two days later on Sunday 11 September 2022.
b) Before submitting application an applicant must ensure to to provide true, accurate, current and complete information as requested in the application form. Application will not be accepted if an applicant knowingly submits false information.
c) By submitting a registration application, all participants agree and accept to the “Terms and Conditions” and “Acknowledgement of Risks & Indemnity Agreement” of the Ladakh Marathon. And if a participant is below the age of 18 years, the guardian has to confirm his/her relation with the participant and agree and accept to the “Terms & Conditions” and “Acknowledgement of Risks & Indemnity”
d) Participants of 10.5 km Run, Half Marathon, Marathon, Khardung La Challenge and Silk Route Ultra are to provide details of previous marathons along with finisher certificates as per the Eligibility Criteria at the time of registration.
d) All participants must agree and sign the Risk & Indemnity Agreement. And if a participant is below the age of 18 years, the guardian has also signed the ‘waiver’ and written his/her relation with the participant.
e) Participants must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to participate.
f) Application fee – Please read this section before you register.
3. Entries not accepted: Participation in the event is subject to entry confirmation. Entries will not be accepted if:
a) Finisher certificates submitted as proof of eligibility criteria are found to be incorrect
b) Submission of incorrect documentation or information of your entry
In such cases the entry/registration shall be deemed cancelled and registration entry fee paid will be non-refundable.
4. Arrival in Leh and Acclimatisation – By submitting application participants also acknowledge and agree that they need to arrive in Leh town as per guidelines recommended by Ladakh Marathon. Acclimatisation is imperative and important if you are a participant of the Ladakh Marathon.
5. The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable – for all six races of Ladakh Marathon. No refund will be issued except for the sole exception of serving Indian Defence Personnel.
6. Change of race category is permitted up to July 15, 2022 by way of written intimation to the organisers. Participants will be charged Rs 900 (Indian Nationals) and US$18 (Foreign Nationals) towards processing fee. Please ensure timely written intimation for any change of race category.
7. Transfer of registration to next year is permitted up to July 15, 2022 by way of written intimation to the organisers. Post 15th July no request for transfer shall be entertained. Please ensure timely written intimation for transfer of registration.
8. BIB number and collection of bibs:
- Entry or BIB is non-transferable to any other participant / person
- Your official race BIB number is important. Therefore please ensure that it is displayed during the entire race.
- Do not alter the Bib number in any manner
- Bib numbers are not transferable
- No one else may wear your bib number
- The bib number must be pinned properly to the front of your t-shirt and clearly visible
- Folding or covering any part of your bib number may result in disqualification
- Do not forcefully bend, crease or fold your bib
- Make sure to fill out necessary information on the back side of your Bib
9. Timing Chips:
- Ladakh Marathon will use a timing chip for the timed races (10.5 km Run, Half Marathon and Marathon)
- Timing chips must be attached to your BIB to score the race as per instructions provided
- This timing chip must be worn on the race day, attached properly to the BIB
- The chip must be attached from Start to Finish in order to be recognised as completing the race and receiving an official finish time
- The timing chip identifies your bib number and should not be worn by any other participant
10. Collection of Bibs – All confirmed participants are required to come to the Ladakh Marathon Hub to collect their running number bibs (and timing chips). No running number bib or timing chip will be posted to the individual mailing address. It is mandatory for the participants of all race categories to collect their running number bibs in person.
11. Code of Conduct
(i) Participants must follow the instructions and directions of the organisers, race officials, course marshalls, race volunteers, city volunteers at all times.
(ii) Participants must conduct themselves in sportsmanlike manner and respect race officials, fellow runners, and the local people of Ladakh.
(iii) The organiser reserves the right to disqualify participants who refuse to follow instructions of the race officials.
12. Official Time and Net Time (with Start and Finish times) will be provided for participants who have completed the races within the specified cut-off time. Your net time will be your official time.
13. Participants must ensure that they are medically and physically fit to participate in the Event. Any person who is suffering from any chronic disease such as heart disease or high blood pressure should not participate in the event. The organiser reserves the right to disallow / disqualify any participant who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the event.
14. COVID-19 – Participants also acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and assume the risk they may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in the Event.
15. Race day images of all the races of the participants will be screened visually after the race. Where any of the participants is found not wearing the running bib allotted to him/her, the participant registered for that bib will be disqualified from the race and the subsequent edition of this event. Further, participants grant to the Ladakh Marathon, and its promoters and organisers, the exclusive right to the free use of their name, race day images and videos for the promotion of the Event across all social media platforms including any broadcast, telecast, and advertising.
16. Event cancellation – In case the event is cancelled due to circumstances that are beyond the control of the organisers, all confirmed registrations for the year will automatically be carried forward to next year in same race category. There is no refund of fee in case of event cancellation except for serving Indian Defence Personnel.
17. Changes to the Event
(i) The Event organiser reserves the right to modify and update the course, or make any other amendment to the Event and race day procedures that it deems necessary to stage the Event. Any change to the Event will be communicated to participants.
(ii) Should the course distance be reduced in accordance with condition (i), for the avoidance of doubt you agree that the Event is still deemed to be staged and that the organisers will not be liable to you for any refund.
18. The application form and the right to participate in the event and the rights and benefits available to the participant under this application form is at the sole discretion of the event organisers and promoters, RIMO EXPEDITIONS, and cannot be transferred to any other participant / person under any circumstances. The actual participant alone shall be entitled to the rights and benefits arising out of such confirmation of participation.